WIA Youth Program
What is the WIA Youth Program?
The WIA Youth Program is an employment and education program through the Workforce Investment Act serving students ages 14-21. What do we have to offer you:
- Providing pre/post employment and training services for youth ages 14-21, including job-readiness activities, school presentations about labor market information, occupational skills training opportunities, mock-interviewing and resume building.
- Working in partnership with the local Workforce community to address youth employment and educational barriers within the counties of Christian, Dallas, Greene, Polk, Stone, Taney and Webster.
- Providing Work Experience Program opportunities within the local business communities to students with little or no job history in an effort to promote good work ethic and to teach employment soft skills.
Great experiences working with a committed team of staff who will help you work to achieve your employment and educational goals!
Meeting new people and participating in youth-focused fun events!
The Missouri Career Center offers three GED classes that meet at various times throughout the week. The hours are
- 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Work Experience Program for Youth
- A Work Experience Program (WEP) is available to youth that have never held employment or need to build employment history.
- College tuition assistance is available to those who qualify. Participation in this program is based on funding availability.
- Additional program supportive services relating to employment and education are available to youth in need.
This is only the beginning of the assistance we can offer to those who qualify!!!!!
- Springfield- 417.887.4343
- Branson- 417.335.5372